Personal information collected by The Gap Uniting Church (TGUC) is protected by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (the ‘Privacy Act’). Personal information is any information that can be used to identify you and includes sensitive and health information.
TGUC follows the Australian Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act in handling personal information from clients/beneficiaries, business partners, donors, members of the public and TGUC People (including congregation members, attendees, community members, volunteers, employees and candidates for volunteer work).
The primary purpose for collecting personal information from you is to provide products, services, information and assistance to you and to people in need. This includes planning, funding, monitoring and evaluating our services. The kind of personal information we collect will depend on your relationship with TGUC (e.g. as a congregation member, community membership, financial contributor, employee, volunteer or on line user of the TGUC website).
We usually collect personal information directly from you. However, we sometimes collect personal information from a third party such as your career, trustee or authorised representative or from a publicly available source, but only if:
- You have consented to such collection or would reasonably expect us to collect your personal information in this way, or if it is necessary for a specific purpose.
- We only collect personal information for purposes that are reasonably necessary for one or more of our functions or activities.
Your personal information may be used to:
- provide you with goods or a service;
- report to the Queensland Synod;
- process your donation or purchase and provide receipts;
- respond to your feedback or complaints;
- answer your queries.
It may also be used for:
- any other purpose for which it was requested and which was advised to you;
- directly related purposes.
Please be assured that wherever possible TGUC uses information in a de-identified form. Personal information will not be disclosed to third parties without your permission, except where permitted or required under the Privacy Act.
We take steps to protect all personal, sensitive and health information and government related identifiers held by TGUC against misuse, interference, loss, unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
If you are listed on one or more of our network email lists you can opt out at any time. You can unsubscribe by using the ‘unsubscribe’ options noted in our emails.