*Please note this page reflects the current status of these groups which is subject to change in the future
To adhere to the health recommendations in response to COVID-19, we are taking measures to reduce risk and care for our community. This means that we are making changes to the way we gather and worship together.
We want you to know that The Gap Uniting Church is more than a building – we are a community of loving, caring people who will continue to build lifelong disciples of Christ (even if that might look a little bit different to normal).
This page will hold updates on the status of events and gatherings at The Gap Uniting Church in regards to the COVID-19 crisis.
The Gap Uniting Church holds the health and safety of our community to the upmost importance, so will be adhering to the guidelines and recommendations set by the Federal and QLD Government and Uniting Church governing bodies.
As our guiding rule – do not gather. We know that the different applications of this across society are confusing and there are ways to find loopholes or justify keeping some things going. This places yourself and the others that you gather with at risk and increases the chances of further community transmission. Take this seriously to demonstrate care and compassion.
The Church Office will be a central point of coordination in this time and you can tell us what support you need and how you can support others HERE.
WHAT IS CHANGING AND CONTINUING
The Gap Uniting Church will hold virtual worship services for both Morning Worship and Night Church. We will be utilising online tools (stay tuned) to deliver full worship services including readings, music and sermons.
Regular Activities Moving Online
- First Steps in Music
- Small Groups – starting now!
- Weekly Prayer
With some things having to move to online, we know this may be daunting for many. If you or someone else you know requires technical assistance or access please reach out you can let us know by completing this form: Support in Times of Uncertainty
Further information will be made available by the leader/coordinator of each activity as it rolls out.
WHAT IS CANCELLED OR POSTPONED
Weekly or Monthly Activities, Groups & Rosters
- Bible Studies – cancelled
- Family Ministries – cancelled
- Fit after Fifty – all classes cancelled
- Friendship Groups – cancelled
- GUCCE (craft group) – cancelled
- Kids Hope – cancelled
- Ladies Day Fellowship – cancelled
- Men’s Group – cancelled
- Preparing the Church for Worship (volunteer roster) – cancelled
- RI (Religious Instruction) – cancelled
- Rosters associated with Worship – cancelled but there are new opportunities to help with online Worship – tell us HERE
- Seniors’ Group – cancelled
- Youth Groups (Church and Rec, Friday Night Live) – cancelled
Annual Events & Activities
- Autumn Fair – postponed
- Bridge the Gap East Timor – cancelled for 2020
- Church Camp – postponed to 2021
- March Congregational Meeting – postponed
WHAT IS CONTINUING
- Governance & Oversight Meetings (Church Council & Mission Teams) – continuing online
- Church Office – weekdays 9am to midday – please avoid visiting the office wherever possible. If in doubt, call first!
- Property/Grounds Rosters – continue
- The ability to help and support each other as friends and family of The Gap Uniting Church and our local community
- The love and presence of Christ who walks beside us in this journey, guiding our way and strengthening us as we go