*Please note this page reflects the current status of these groups which is subject to change in the future
To adhere to the health recommendations in response to COVID-19, we are taking measures to reduce risk and care for our community. This means that we are making changes to the way we gather and worship together.
We want you to know that The Gap Uniting Church is more than a building – we are a community of loving, caring people who will continue to build lifelong disciples of Christ (even if that might look a little bit different to normal).
Whether you are a paid staff member, a volunteer or a member of our congregation or the wider community please:
- Stay home if you are sick
- Go home if you start to feel unwell and notify a leader as you leave
- Get tested if you have symptoms of respiratory disease (cough, sore throat, breathing difficulties) or fever
- Tell us if you have symptoms or if you have been in close contact with someone who has COVID or has been tested for COVID
- Clean your personal items upon arrival such as sunglasses and mobile phones
If you are over the age of 70, over the age of 60 and have a significant or chronic health issues or are over the age of 50, are aboriginal and have a significant or chronic health issue we recommend that you do not attend services, events or activities for your own safety.
The Church Office is our central point of coordination in this time. Please contact them if you have any questions.
WHAT IS CHANGING AND CONTINUING
Recommencing Our Physical Life Together
While restrictions have relaxed enough to allow for some activities to recommence, there are a number of factors to be considered and planned prior to starting again. At this stage we anticipate that many activities will be able to commence by the end of July and are aiming for worship to commence in person by the end of August.
If you would like to start planning the recommencement of your program / activity, you can do so using the templates located HERE. If you have questions about how to complete and progress these requirements, please reach out for help (to the Office or Mission Team).
The above link also includes draft communications you can sent to leaders, volunteers and attendees around our expectations on them.
The Gap Uniting Church has worship online for both Morning Worship and Night Church. Visit http://live.thegapuca.org.au to access!
Whether it is from maximum attendance numbers, social distancing requirements or personal preference, when we do commence worship in person unless we change our approach to worship we will exclude some people. We do not have the resources to run a fully in-person and fully online service each week and so would have to choose between one or the other.
the Worship Team is actively seeking to implement a live-streaming option as part of worship – an approach combining the best of how we used to meet in person and the new ways we have met online. We will need to reshape and prioritise different elements and teams. In particular, we will need to grow and expand some of our creative and technology helpers. If these areas excite or interest you – even at the expense of ceasing to serve in other roles, we would love to hear how you can help us worship together.
We still have a fair way to go on this road and thank everyone for their encourage and putting aside their personal preferences as we embark together. We hope to commence this in August 2020.
- First Steps in Music – continuing online
- Grow – continuing online
- Small Groups – commencing online
- Weekly Prayer – continuing online
- Youth Groups (Church and Rec, Friday Night Live) – online + some ad hoc events now in person
- Church Office – weekdays 9am to midday – please avoid visiting the office wherever possible. If in doubt, call first!
- Governance & Oversight Meetings (Church Council, Mission Teams and Program/Activity Meetings) – continuing online or in person if the Church Meetings Program Plan is followed
- Property/Grounds Rosters – continue with appropriate social distancing, outdoor work only and other practices
Further information will be made available by the leader/coordinator of each activity as it rolls out.
WHAT IS CANCELLED OR POSTPONED
Weekly or Monthly Activities, Groups & Rosters
- Bible Studies – cancelled
- Family Ministries – cancelled
- Fit after Fifty – all classes cancelled
- Friendship Groups – cancelled
- GUCCE (craft group) – cancelled
- Kids Hope – cancelled
- Ladies Day Fellowship – cancelled
- Men’s Group – cancelled
- Playgroup – cancelled
- Potting Group – cancelled
- Preparing the Church for Worship (volunteer roster) – cancelled
- RI (Religious Instruction) – cancelled
- Rosters associated with Worship – cancelled but there are new opportunities to help with online Worship
- Seniors’ Group – cancelled
Annual Events & Activities
- Autumn Fair – postponed
- Bridge the Gap East Timor – cancelled for 2020
- Church Camp – postponed to 2021
WHAT CONTINUES NO MATTER WHAT!
- The ability to help and support each other as friends and family of The Gap Uniting Church and our local community
- The love and presence of Christ who walks beside us in this journey, guiding our way and strengthening us as we go